If you are looking for a campsite near Venice then this is an ideal venue for a fantastic holiday. Marina di Venezia in Punta Sabbioni is set in the Adriatic Region of Italy. Venice, with its wonderful canals and beautiful historic buildings is only a short ferry trip away.
This is a very large site with fantastic facilities, including a fantastic Aquamarina park with six swimming pools, slides, a wave machines etc. so has some of the best facilities of campsites near Venice. The site has direct access to Ca'Savio beach.
The facilities onsite include :
- • Olympic size swimming pool, baby pool with castle, baby lagoon with water slides, wave pools and big water slides !
- • Two bars, a restaurant/pizzeria, snack bar and a takeaway.
- • Shops including a photography shop, supermarket and a hairdressers.
- • Games room with pool, air hockey etc.
- • Tennis, table tennis, football, volleyball, basketball, archery, cycle hire
- • Children's disco
- • Playground
- • Bicycle hire and numerous excursions you can take by bike to explore the Cavallino-Treporti area.
- • 18 hole mini golf course - with an easy option and a difficult option at each hole so the whole family can join in the fun !
- • The campsite offers a variety of entertainment between June and September, including organising such things as sporting events, themed evenings, dance classes, exercise classes etc.
- • Site run children's activities such as a baby disco, treasure hunts etc, usually run in a variety of languages including English.
- • Internet and WiFi (currently offered in selected areas such as the bar)
- • Dog friendly areas to walk and shower your dog !
Booking Your Holiday
Punta Sabbioni is a 14 hour drive from Calais according to the Via Michelin website (880 miles), Caen is 870 miles and Zeebrugge is 836 miles.
- • Venice Marco Polo : 50 kms
- • Treviso : 65 kms
- • Verona : 170 kms
- • Trieste : 133 kms
Information about Airport Shuttle Buses. Please contact the campsite for more information about best bus / taxi combination to use.
- • Trains: There is a newly launched overnight Sleeper from Paris to Venice ! The trains arrive at Venice Santa Lucia train station which is right in the heart of Venice next to the Grand Canal - here is a Google maps image - surely this must be one of the most interesting stations in the world !
- • The Local Railway station is : San Dona di Piave, 35km
- • For bus information please select link above about Shuttle Buses
Things to Do in the Area
Venice, 61 km
You will almost certainly want to visit Venice if you are staying at this campsite. Have a ride in a Gondola or visit St Mark's Square. There is a bus link to Punta Sabbioni, where you can take a boat to Venice. Once in Venice there is also a Water Bus service between the islands - link to timetable
Our advice is to get to Venice early to avoid the worst of the crowds, particularly in high season.
Theme park and aquarium
This is one of Italy's largest waterparks. There are numerous swimming pools and water slides, including the world's highest slide (42 metres).
Punta Verde Zoo
Punta Verde is a privately-run zoological garden with over 70 different species.
Verona (approx. 2 hours drive)
The city has been awarded world heritage site status by UNESCO because of its urban structure and architecture. Verona is famous for its Roman amphitheatre, the Arena (see below!). Completed around 30 AD, it is the third largest in Italy after Rome's Colosseum and the arena at Capua.
L'Arena di Verona (approx. 2 hours drive)
If you are an Opera fan or even if you just enjoy different experiences then try to get to the Arena di Verona. The cheapest option is to buy a ticket to sit on the arena's stone steps and the more expensive tickets have padded chairs and are on the lower levels. Candles are distributed to the audience and lit after sunset around the arena.
The arena is capable of seating about 15,000 people. In the summer months, the operas which are performed are usually very popular ones such as Aida or Carmen so there should be something to suit everyone !
Disclaimer: The reviews published on the site are intended solely for the purpose of providing general information and comment and are purely our opinions. We cannot guarantee that descriptions on this site are accurate, up to date or free from error. We have found that the campsites described are very good and are some of the top campsites in France but we find that it is difficult to find a campsite which has 100% of what you are looking for. Also one person may love a busy campsite with lots of activities while someone else may love a quiet campsite with a small swimming pool. Actually we tend to be the latter ! So what we have done is highlight the good points of the sites and maybe point out a few of what we have found as slightly negative points. However we strongly recommend that you make full use of as many internet sources as possible before deciding about your holiday, including such things as Google maps.