Rosselba Le Palme is a lovely Italian campsite set amidst palm and olive trees that is close to many picturesque attractions and overlooks the harbour of Portoferraio on the island of Elba.
The island of Elba is just off the coast of Tuscany in Italy and is often known as Tuscany's Island ! There are frequent ferries from the mainland with a sailing time of between 30 minutes and an hour.
The site has excellent facilities including a swimming pool complex with waterslide and a restaurant and takeaway.
The pitches are set on fairly steep terraces and can be small but the campsite's facilities are excellent and include :
- • A superb swimming pool complex with waterslide.
- • Tennis and table tennis
- • A lively animation or entertainment programme in high season with such things as aerobics, football an dance organised. There is also a children's disco !
- • The site run children's club offers arts and crafts, sports and games activities.
- • Across from the parc there is a small beach (200m away), where you can sunbathe, swim or windsurf.
- • The campsite has a bar at the pool and also at the reception where you will sometimes get live music played.
- • There is also a campsite restaurant where we enjoyed very good pizzas at very reasonable prices and there is also a takeaway !
- • There is also a small botanical garden, with a lot of beautiful exotic trees, flowers and plants
- • Above the campsite is a short running trail, with built-in exercise spots. Great for a morning run
- • Shop and minimarket
- • TV room and a Games Room
- • Cycle Hire
- • Internet access and WiFi.
Inland you will discover vine-covered hillsides, olive groves and picturesque villages. We would also recommend a visit to the lovely port of Marciana Marina.
We found that it was useful to have learned a few Italian phrases for the holiday as we found quite a few of the staff and also the people in the restaurants didn't necessarily speak English. We enjoyed this though as it gave us a real taste of Italy !
Booking Your Holiday
Disclaimer: The reviews published on the site are intended solely for the purpose of providing general information and comment and are purely our opinions. We cannot guarantee that descriptions on this site are accurate, up to date or free from error. We have found that the campsites described are very good and are some of the top campsites in France but we find that it is difficult to find a campsite which has 100% of what you are looking for. Also one person may love a busy campsite with lots of activities while someone else may love a quiet campsite with a small swimming pool. Actually we tend to be the latter ! So what we have done is highlight the good points of the sites and maybe point out a few of what we have found as slightly negative points. However we strongly recommend that you make full use of as many internet sources as possible before deciding about your holiday, including such things as Google maps.